As with so many other UK professions, working in the Police Force can mean you end up paying too much tax. When this happens, you can claim it back from HMRC. Most tax refunds involve travel costs to and from temporary workplaces (where you work for under 24 months). However, there are many more necessary expenses Police Officers can claim back tax for, whether they're uniformed or not.