Last reviewed June 2022

A P800 tax calculation is the form HMRC uses to tell you you've paid the wrong amount of tax.  If you haven't paid all the tax you owe, HMRC will take action to get it from you. If you've overpaid, you can get a P800 tax refund.

You’ll only get a P800 tax refund if HMRC already knows you’re owed money. If you’ve paying for work expenses or other essential cost of your job that your employer doesn't cover, your P800 refund won’t cover everything you’re due. RIFT are the UK’s leading tax experts, and we specialise in putting cash back in your pocket. If you think you could be owed a tax refund, we can tell you if you can claim tax back.

Start for free >