If your employer isn't giving you enough of a mileage allowance, you could be due a HMRC tax refund on your travel if you are:  

  • Travelling to temporary workplaces, meaning you work at any one site for under two years.
  • Travelling as an essential part of your work, such as to visit clients or suppliers.

You have to remember that not everyone can claim mileage tax relief. Simply driving to your permanent workplace every day doesn't qualify. 

Do I Qualify?