Wondering if you can claim a tax refund or need to submit a tax return? Use our online tools to find out if you're owed money by HRMC.
We’ve been claiming money back from the taxman and helping people with their tax returns since 1999. We work closely with HMRC to put the cash back in your pocket and you can be sure that we know the rules inside out. We're the only tax specialists to have achieved the Institute of Customer Service "ServiceMark" for exceptional levels of customer service. Let us help you today.Start My Claim Login to MyRIFT
A family business
The RIFT Group is a family business based in Kent since 1999. We've currently got around 160 employees and are continuing to grow, winning the Megagrowth 50 Award in 2015 and the KEIBA award for Customer Service.
We work with a range of partners in the form of referrers, agents and like-minded companies to help businesses and individuals get the best advice. Many employers and institutions have recognised the benefits of our service and work with us, along with the backing of recognised industry and affiliate bodies.
About Jan Post
Jan Post is the owner and Managing Director of the RIFT Group. She set up the company in 1999 in Ashford, Kent, where the head office remains. Jan has won a number of entrepreneur awards for her approach to business, which focuses on employing local people and investing in their potential including:
- Woman of the Year in Construction
- Kent Business of the Year
- Kent Women in Business, Business Woman of the Year
Customer Service is a state of mind
We look after every claim on an individual basis so we can do what is best for your personal situation.
The RIFT Group is built on the idea that great customer service is great business. That's why we're proud members of the Institute of Customer Service and were delighted to be winners of the 2015 KEIBA award for Customer Service and Commitment.
To make sure our customers get the best service possible we work alongside:
- Industry bodies
- UCATT (Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians)
- A number of charities
Strength in Numbers
How does it all add up?
Here's some numbers from 2016:
- £153 million reclaimed
- 63, 000 people helped with their tax rebates, refunds and returns.
- 199, 217 people helped by phone
- 32,019 people helped by email
- 5,370 people helped on LiveChat
- 1,466 people helped by social media
- 62, 635 calls made to HMRC on behalf of our customers
- 5,290 hours spent on the phone to HMRC on behalf of customers
- 124, 107 items of post handled on behalf of our customers
- 563,553 update calls made to our customers
- 41,763 tax returns processed
- £31,7880 donated to the ABF the Soldiers' Charity
- Ranked in the top 10 fastest growing companies in Kent
- Became the only company in the tax refund sector to achieve Service Mark
At the start of the tax year when our customers come back again to claim their next refund things get really crazy. Here's a taste of some of the figures from the first 6 weeks of the new 2016 tax year:
- £3.5m in refunds reclaimed in the first 6 weeks of the tax year
- £144,449 in client refunds protected by the RIFT Guarantee!
- 40,000 customer calls made
- 1,600 Livechat conversations
- 5,000 inbound emails
- 20,000 Facebook interactions
Keep up to date with the RIFT Tax Refunds blog
28th April 2017
A Construction Worker's Guide to Leaving the EU
The Article 50 letter's been signed and delivered and the countdown to Brexit has well and truly begun. Whichever camp y…Read more
21st April 2017
Want a tax refund? It helps to know your place
It matters where you are, and where you're going. At RIFT, we work with people from all over the UK. As we crunch their…Read more
Need more help?
Speak to us 6 days a week.
Mon-Thurs 08:30 - 20:30
Fri 08:30 - 18:00 and Sat 09:00 - 13:00.
RIFT Refunds, RIFT House, 200 Eureka Park,Upper Pemberton, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4AZ
Want to chat to a member of our team?
Why not use our live chat to speak to an
online advisor now?