If your employer gives you the use of a car or van as part of your contract, HMRC looks at it differently from a personal vehicle. Depending on your terms of employment, you might also get some free fuel for private use. Either way, the type and amount of travel you do in your company car can make a big difference to your tax situation. If you’re not claiming tax relief for your work travel expenses, you’re leaving your own cash in the taxman’s hands. Take a look at our tax refund calculator to let us get you on the road to your next travel tax rebate.