If you're working offshore, you're probably owed a tax refund for your travel and other costs. It doesn't matter if you work as a Maintenance Engineer, a Rig Mechanic or a Senior Toolpusher. Working on a rig requires travel. If you aren't claiming back tax on what you're spending to get to work, you're missing out.

 Tax Calculator