Armed Forces or MOD personnel can claim tax back on travel expenses on temporary postings of under 24 months, even outside the UK. Using either your own vehicle or public transport counts.

You can claim any overpaid tax for the last 4 years, and the RIFT average 4 year rebate is £2,500.