RIFT Advice

Setting Up An HMRC Personal Tax Account

Have you created your HMRC personal tax account yet? Getting set up means that we’ll be able to get your tax refund done more quickly because we'll be able to access all your pay and tax information direct from HMRC.

If you've not set one up yet and would like us to help you, just give us a call on 01233 628648 and we can talk you through what to do. Once it's set up you can give us permission to view your account and we'll get to work.

By 2020 everyone will have a Personal Tax Account, but you can set one up right now.

Ways to get my tax refund more quickly

How do I set up my HMRC Personal Tax Account?

Registering for an account is free and only takes 5-10 minutes.

To get started with the system, you'll need to grab a few things. First of all, dig out:

  • Your National Insurance number.
  • and a valid UK Passport

A Personal Tax Account is a great way to get your tax rebates faster every year and with less fuss. Get yourself set up, and let's start putting that refund cash back in your pocket!

Set up your account

Getting my tax refund quickly

What else can I do with my personal tax account?

HMRC is adding more options all the time to the service. Right now, you can already:

  • Check your Income Tax estimate
  • Easily check your tax code so you can let us know if there are any issues.
  • Check and manage your tax credits.
  • Check your State Pension.
  • Track tax forms you’ve submitted online.
  • Check or update your Marriage Allowance.
  • Tell HMRC about a change of address.
  • Check or update benefits you get from work. For example, company car details and medical insurance, which we'll need to get the most from your tax refund.
  • Find your UTR number if you're self employed.

If you need any help with setting up your Personal Tax Account, or if you have any questions, please get in touch with us.

Our Guarantee

Our guarantee means you'll never lose a penny

When you claim your tax refund with RIFT, our unique RIFT Guarantee means that you don't have to worry about the taxman reclaiming any of your money. So long as you give us full and accurate information, if HMRC disagrees with the amount that we’ve claimed and ask for the money back, we’ll pay it. It won’t cost you a penny.

RIFT Guarantee

Need more help?

Wondering if you can claim a tax refund or need to submit a tax return? Use our online tools to find out if you're owed money by HMRC.

Do I Qualify?

Speak to us 6 days a week.
Mon-Thurs 08:30 - 20:30
Fri 08:30 - 18:00 and Sat 09:00 - 13:00.
RIFT Refunds, RIFT House, 200 Eureka Park,Upper Pemberton, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4AZ

Call us on 01233 628648

Want to chat to a member of our team?
Why not use our live chat to speak to an
online advisor now?

Open live chat