Wondering if you can claim a tax refund or need to submit a tax return? Use our online tools to find out if you're owed money by HMRC.
Setting Up An HMRC Personal Tax Account
Have you created your HMRC personal tax account yet? Getting set up means that we’ll be able to get your tax refund done more quickly because we'll be able to access all your pay and tax information direct from HMRC.
If you've not set one up yet and would like us to help you, just give us a call on 01233 628648 and we can talk you through what to do.
16 million people have already activated Personal Tax Account, all you need to do is verify your ID on the government website and set a password to activate your account.
Ways to get my tax refund more quickly
How do I set up my HMRC Personal Tax Account?
- Visit the HMRC Personal Tax Account Webpage
- Choose the Government Gateway option for your ID check
- Verify your identity using:
Your National Insurance number
A recent payslip or P60 or UK Passport
It takes less than 10 minutes and it means you'll get your cash back an average of two weeks faster. It's got to be worth it.Set up your account
Getting my tax refund quickly
What else can I do with my personal tax account?
HMRC is adding more options all the time to the service. Right now, you can already:
- Check your Income Tax estimate
- Easily check your tax code so you can let us know if there are any issues.
- Check and manage your tax credits.
- Check your State Pension.
- Track tax forms you’ve submitted online.
- Check or update your Marriage Allowance.
- Tell HMRC about a change of address.
- Check or update benefits you get from work. For example, company car details and medical insurance, which we'll need to get the most from your tax refund.
- Find your UTR number if you're self employed.
If you need any help with setting up your Personal Tax Account, or if you have any questions, please get in touch with us.
Our guarantee means you'll never lose a penny
When you claim your tax refund with RIFT, our unique RIFT Guarantee means that you don't have to worry about the taxman reclaiming any of your money. So long as you give us full and accurate information, if HMRC disagrees with the amount that we’ve claimed and ask for the money back, we’ll pay it. It won’t cost you a penny.RIFT Guarantee
Keep up to date with the RIFT Tax Refunds Blog
26th September 2019
P85 and Contracting Overseas
When you’re a contractor doing some or all of your work overseas, your tax situation can get a little tricky. For one th…Read more
24th September 2019
£28m in Unclaimed Student Loan Overpayments
When it comes to handling your finances, there are just so many ways to end up leaving your money on the taxman’s table.…Read more
Need more help?
Speak to us 6 days a week.
Mon-Thurs 08:30 - 20:30
Fri 08:30 - 18:00 and Sat 09:00 - 13:00.
RIFT Refunds, RIFT House, 200 Eureka Park,Upper Pemberton, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4AZ
Want to chat to a member of our team?
Why not use our live chat to speak to an
online advisor now?