MOD Tax Refund Protection
RIFT have been made aware that HMRC have sent a communication to the MOD that they believe that during the last 2 years:
- ''inflated claims'' for tax refunds for travel expenses have been submitted by Service Personnel
- as a result of tax relief rules having been incorrectly applied when those claims were made.
We can confirm that this will not affect any RIFT customers because:
- All RIFT customers are protected under our RIFT Guarantee.
- Our MOD tax refund experts are scrupulous in the calculation of your claims and full breakdowns are supplied to all our customers to confirm prior to submission to HMRC.
- Enquiries into our customers claims are standard, and HMRC complete frequent random checks. As the UK’s number one provider for the last 20 years, our dedicated Compliance Team hold a 94% success rate in defending the full value of our claims.
If you’re concerned about any of the information that you provided to us for your claim and would like to discuss it with one of our experts, call us on 01233 628648 or check out our FAQs below.
If you have friends or colleagues that have submitted their own tax refund claim to HMRC that you believe may be affected by this situation and need expert advice, they can also call us on 01233 628648.