Essential HMRC tax refund forms

You can download all the tax refund forms you need, such as the HMRC SA1 form and HMRC 64-8 form, below. If you prefer a hard copy of the tax refund forms, or don't have a printer, let us know and we’ll post them out to you.

Do I Qualify? Manage My Claim


£2,500 - That's the average 4 year claim. Don't miss out!

Essential HMRC Forms

HMRC tax refund form downloads

If you’ve misplaced your tax refund pack then you can download the necessary tax refund forms below.

Tax refunds claims form - Tick a few boxes and fill in some blanks for us, and you're well on your way to getting your money

Tax refunds cover letter & checklist - An overview of the details we need and a simple checklist to help you

Rapid Refunds T&Cs - This is the letter you must sign and return to us to accept the Rapid Refunds terms & conditions

SA1 form - Register for self assessment - The HMRC SA1 form is a vital part of securing your tax return. We need it to get you a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number. Without it, you can't register for self assessment to claim for expenses over £2,500.

64-8 form - Authorising your agent  - Simply download the HMRC 64-8 form and fill in the bits we've highlighted for you. All it takes is your name, address, National Insurance number and signature.

If you prefer a hard copy form, give us a call and we’ll post it out.

If you're a RIFT customer already and you've had your yearly reminder that it's time to start your 2015/16 claim, click Manage My Claim below to visit myRIFT and fill in your information online.

Manage My Claim

Essential HMRC Forms

What do I do with the forms?

Once you have printed and signed your tax refund forms you need to send the forms back to us by post as quickly as you can to get your refund claim underway. We know this seems a little bit old fashioned now, but it’s a legal requirement that we have a physical copy of the signed form with your name on. Send your completed tax refunds pack straight to us by writing Freepost RIFT on any envelope - it'll be sent to us at no cost to you.

Essential HMRC Forms

Tax refund forms overview

There are several different HMRC tax refund forms, and the one you need depends on what kind of refund you're claiming. The rules can be tough to get your head around, but claiming through RIFT keeps everything safe and simple. If you're owed a tax refund, we'll show you what records you'll need to claim the money back

If we're already filing a Self Assessment tax return for you, we'll take care of your refund claim at the same time. There are lots of different ways of working these days, and people's career paths are becoming much more complicated. Even if you work PAYE, you might still have to file a Self Assessment tax return for any other income you have. Again, RIFT will handle all the tricky paperwork for you, and make sure the taxman never takes too much. We can even help with complicated things like Construction Industry Scheme refunds. We've got experts in every field, so you're always in good hands with RIFT.

Do I Qualify?

How does it work?

Tax refund calculator

Use our tax refund calculator to determine what you are due

Am I due a tax refund?

See if you qualify with our quick qualifying questions

Online tax refunds

Start your claim online and apply for your tax refund

RIFT Tax Refunds

Let us do the rest! We’ll keep you up to date on your tax refund claim

Our Guarantee

Our guarantee means you'll never lose a penny​

When you claim your tax refund with RIFT, our unique RIFT Guarantee means that you don't have to worry about the taxman reclaiming any of your money. So long as you give us full and accurate information, if HMRC disagrees with the amount that we’ve claimed and ask for the money back, we’ll pay it. It won’t cost you a penny.

Learn more

Need more help?


Wondering if you can claim a tax refund or need to submit a tax return? Use our online tools to find out if you're owed money by HMRC.

Do I Qualify?


Speak to us 6 days a week.
Mon-Thurs 08:30 - 20:30
Fri 08:30 - 18:00 and Sat 09:00 - 13:00.
RIFT Refunds, RIFT House, 200 Eureka Park,Upper Pemberton, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4AZ

Call us on 01233 628648


Want to chat to a member of our team?
Why not use our live chat to speak to an
online advisor now?

Open live chat

Do you qualify?