Tax Refund Claims Specialist
£7.50 per hour
Many people in the UK who travel for work are paying too much tax and don’t realise it. This means they’re usually out of pocket by around £600-800 per year. That’s money that could make a serious difference to their quality of life.
Luckily, RIFT is here to help them get it back in their wallets where it should be by making their refund claims for them. Since 1999 we’ve claimed over £135 million for tens of thousands of individuals nationwide. If you’re looking for a new challenge and are a hardworking, confident communicator and good with numbers then we need you to help us to help them.
You don’t need to have any previous tax or accountancy experience for this role. Full on-going training will provided. It’s more important that you’re quick to learn and keen to help our customers.
If you are:
- Motivated by success, like the challenge of beating targets and thrive with a bit of pressure.
- Looking for a role that offers training, career progression and ongoing personal development
- Able to think on your feet, have a positive attitude, and be equally confident talking to customers, employers and government departments.
- Good at building strong, long relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Able to analyse data to draw logical conclusions.
- Good at summarising complex ideas and concepts in a simple and effective way.
- Dedicated to helping people and want to make their lives easier.
Then a role with the RIFT Group could be just what you are looking for.
About The Role
You’ll be part of the Tax Refund Team and each day you’ll be talking to customers, employers and HMRC to build the claims our customers need to get their money back.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Plan and prioritise case management activities to ensure claims are finalised within the targeted timeframes. (Decision Making Objectives)
- Establish the clients preferred means of engagement and availability to ensure we minimise the effort required to manage the case.
- Make correct case/claim specific decisions and judgements appropriate to your capability level.
- Maintain compliance with HMRC and Rift procedures/ governance minimising the risk of HMRC enquires resulting in the recovery of monies already paid to clients.
- Fully use customer management systems, ensuring that relevant data is entered and updated.
- Actively seek and respond to potential sales opportunities using appropriate methods.
- Communicate internally and externally using appropriate methods to ensure a profitable business and sustainable relationships are maintained.
- Attend internal and external training courses, to develop relevant knowledge, skills and techniques.
- To work with your Team Leader and Manager to continue to develop technical skills and knowledge appropriate to the role.
- Adhere to Company policies & procedures, with particular attention to Health & Safety issues and Data Protection.
- Carry out any tasks deemed necessary to develop the ongoing success of the Company.
- Maintain a professional image of the Company at all times.
- Confident and decisive (Decision making)
- Able to analyse large amounts of information and to draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to work without minimal supervision.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Organised and methodical.
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Team player
On joining you’ll be part of the RIFT family. We are a fantastic place to work and we offer opportunities for career progression and personal development as well as other impressive benefits including:
- good holiday allowance,
- contributory pension,
- cash back health cover,
- performance related bonus
- discounts from our partners via our intranet site including cinema tickets, local restaurants, supermarkets and so much more!
Our customers expect to receive a first class service and at RIFT we are focused on exceeding those expectations. We’re the only tax refunds company to have been awarded ServiceMark for outstanding customer service and 90% of our customers say they will recommend us to friends and family. You’ll be part of making sure that number gets even higher.
So if you:
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Great communication and listening skills and are good with numbers
- Are IT literate
- Want to be part of a fast-growing, customer focused Kent business
- Enjoy the challenge of beating targets
What are you waiting for?
If you’re flexible, friendly, and up for any challenge a new future as a Tax Refund Claim Specialist could be just what you’re looking for.
Previous taxation or accounting experience is not required as full training will be provided.
If you’d like to join our team, please fill out your contact details and send us your covering letter and CV via email by clicking the button below.