HMRC tax refund forms

You can download the paperwork you need for your tax refund including copies of our terms and conditions and the HMRC 64-8 form that allows us to talk to HMRC for you, below. If you prefer a paper copy of the form, or don't have a printer, let us know and we’ll post it out to you along with a Freepost envelope to return them to us.

Start for free > Manage My Claim

Essential HMRC Forms

Your 64-8 form allows us to talk to HMRC

If you’ve lost or misplaced your 64-8 form - Authorising your agent  or if it hasn't arrived in the post yet, simply download it, fill in the bits we've highlighted, sign it and send it back.

All it takes is your name, address, National Insurance number and signature. Without this form we can't talk to HMRC and claim your refund.

If you need us to send you a copy of the form, give us a call and we’ll post it out

If you're a RIFT customer already you don't need to sign a new copy every year. You can add or update information about your next claim then visit myRIFT to fill in your information, log your expenses and journeys and upload your documents online.

Log in to MyRIFT

Essential HMRC Forms

What do I do with the forms?

Once you have printed and signed the 64-8 Authorising Your Agent form you need to send it back to us by post as quickly as you can to get your refund claim underway.

We know this seems a little bit old fashioned now, but it's an HMRC requirement that we have a physical copy of the signed form with your name on. Send it back by writing Freepost RIFT on any envelope - it'll get safely to us at no cost to you.

How does it work?

Get an estimate of your refund value with our calculator

Answer a few questions to see if you qualify

Tell us your work and travel information

Enjoy spending your tax refund

Our Guarantee

Our guarantee means you'll never lose a penny

When you claim your tax refund with RIFT, our unique RIFT Guarantee means that you don't have to worry about the taxman reclaiming any of your money. So long as you give us full and accurate information, if HMRC disagrees with the amount that we’ve claimed and ask for the money back, we’ll pay it. It won’t cost you a penny.

RIFT Guarantee

Need more help?

Wondering if you can claim a tax refund or need to submit a tax return? Use our online tools to find out if you're owed money by HMRC.

Do I Qualify?

Speak to us 6 days a week.
Mon-Thurs 08:30 - 20:30
Fri 08:30 - 18:00 and Sat 09:00 - 13:00.
RIFT Refunds, The Cobalt Building, 1600 Eureka Park, Lower Pemberton, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4BF

Call us on 01233 628648

Want to chat to a member of our team?
Why not use our live chat to speak to an
online advisor now?

Open live chat