Can I claim a tax refund after losing my job?

If you're dismissed from a job or made redundant, you might have paid too much tax while you were working. When that happens you can claim a refund from HMRC. You can also get a refund if you've recently retired or stopped work for other reasons. Our tax refund calculator goes back over the last 4 years so you can see what you could be due.

Do I Qualify?