Temp Customer Service Advisor
£7.50 per hour
Our hours of business are 8.30 -8.30 Monday to Friday and 9-5 on Saturday. You will be expected to work 37.5 hrs per week across these hours to include evenings and Saturdays.
We're looking for temporary customer service advisors to help our customers during our busiest period from now until around the end of July.
There may be opportunities to remain with the company on a permanent basis for suitable candidates, following the temporary period.
About The Role
Many people in the UK who travel for work are paying too much tax and don’t realise it. This means they’re usually out of pocket by around £600-800 per year. That’s money that could make a serious difference to their quality of life.
Luckily, RIFT is here to help them get it back in their wallets where it should be by making their refund claims for them. Since 1999 we’ve claimed over £135 million for tens of thousands of individuals nationwide. If you’re looking for a new challenge and are a hardworking, confident communicator and good with numbers then we need you to help us to help them.
You will be taking calls from our existing clients and who will be getting in touch to start their tax refund for this year. You will help customers by recording their details in our our MyRIFT online claim system, gathering the information that our specialist tax teams will need to calculate their claim. You will ensure that the highest level of technical quality and customer service is maintained at all times.
You don’t need to have any previous tax or accountancy experience for this role. Full on-going training will provided. It’s more important that you’re quick to learn and keen to help our customers.
If you are:
- Able to think on your feet, have a positive attitude,
- Good at building strong, long relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Good at explaining thing in a simple, patient and effective way.
- Dedicated to helping people and want to make their lives easier.
Then a role with the RIFT Group could be just what you are looking for.
About The Role
You’ll be part of the Customer Services Team and each day you’ll be talking to customers, employers and HMRC to build the claims our customers need to get their money back.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivery of agreed individual targets Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Consistently meeting daily targets
- Managing high levels of inbound calls from existing customers
- Using our customer management systems to ensure that customer information is entered and updated.
- Attend and contribute to Contact Centre Team meetings
- To attend internal training sessions as appropriate to ensure you are up to date on all relevant knowledge, techniques and skills for RIFT and HMRC.
- Adhere to company policy and procedures, particularly relating to HR matters and Health & Safety.
- Carry out any task deemed necessary to develop the ongoing success of the company.
- Target driven with a determination to succeed
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong relationship builder
- Adaptable and flexible
- Organised and self motivated
- Ability to manage own workload in a fast paced environment
- Good explanation skills
On joining you’ll be part of the RIFT family. We are a fantastic place to work.
If you stay on as a permanent member of staff you can look forward to opportunities for career progression and personal development as well as other impressive benefits including:
- good holiday allowance,
- contributory pension,
- cash back health cover,
- performance related bonus
- discounts from our partners via our intranet site including cinema tickets, local restaurants, supermarkets and so much more!
Our customers expect to receive a first class service and at RIFT we are focused on exceeding those expectations. We’re the only tax refunds company to have been awarded ServiceMark for outstanding customer service and 90% of our customers say they will recommend us to friends and family. You’ll be part of making sure that number gets even higher.
So if you:
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Great communication and listening skills and are good with numbers
- Are IT literate
- Want to be part of a fast-growing, customer focused Kent business
- Enjoy the challenge of beating targets
What are you waiting for?
If you’re flexible, friendly, and up for any challenge a role with RIFT could be just what you’re looking for.
Previous taxation or accounting experience is not required as full training will be provided.
If you’d like to join our team, please fill out your contact details and send us your covering letter and CV via email by clicking the button below.